PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2005, 23:21
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mattyj,

None of the above.

Boney, looks like he has and withdrawn his post.

Be assured Mourgo, I am a pilot and a keen observer of human nature. I should never be surprised by human behaviour, but still am from time to time.

I have no resentment toward others in the industry, nor the way it has gone, because I'm a realist. The industrial scene is changing whether we like it or not, and we are powerless to alter its course.

The only thing we have at our disposal is withdrawal of services, but with pilots queueing up around the building for our jobs, you cop it or get out. There is a shortage, compared with a couple of years ago, but airlines are still getting starters, so they perceive no problem, or a minor one at worst.

PAF makes a valid point; if you think managers are unjustly being paid more than they are worth, become a manager. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

It's not unlike beefing abuot the politicians' perks; stand for election and become a politician and jump on a carriage of the gravy train, but don't whinge about it until you've attempted to effect change, because all you do is show a lack of credibility.

Last edited by relax737; 31st Dec 2005 at 00:03.