PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Scampton closing before it opens?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2005, 12:03
Brit55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say that some of the aircrew on this thread are completely out of line and I'm ashamed to associate myself with them.

The RAF may be here to project air power however, don't forget about the infrastructure that works around you, as without it you would NEVER get to fly.

I does not matter what we do, it's all about how well we do it and as Brits, we do most things better than the others so come on, ease off on the ego trips and remember those who work bloody hard to get you flying (especially if you fly tonkas!!).

Anyway!!! If there is a use for Scampton then lets get it up to speed. I was there for a visit to RAFAT a while back and I have to say, it is in a shocking state and anyone who says otherwise must be walking around with their eyes wide shut! Guy Gibson's office has been left to rot, most upsetting.

The CRC is there, looks good and will provide a service to many aircrew so lets embrace it rather than shun it. The building that is now the CRC is being well looked after with a sense of pride being held by those who work there. They are more than aware of the historical significance of the ops room and I'm sure they'll treat it with respect.