PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet: No injuries when 737’s wing hits runway
Old 29th Dec 2005, 21:03
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW

An ex-Royal mate of mine once said,
"There are those who HAVE. Those who WILL, and those who say NEVER are full of sh*t!!!"

jumpy737 actually sounds like a credible Professional Pilot, so a couple of you would be well advise to sit up and listen. Especially those who weren't actually looking out the 'front' window at minimums when it was called.

How do you equate busting minimums with bending a wing tip based upon what's been written in this thread? It'll all come out in the wash and with it the facts. For now it's just an accusation none of us could ever prove, anyway.

They got a busted aeroplane sitting in YHZ costing them a lot of dough and adverse publicity. Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

We've enjoyed a fairly safe accident record in Canada. For NOW. But, that's likely to change in the years ahead as 'experienced' crew retire, head overseas or simply leave the business in disgust. Inexperience has already reared it's ugly head and the lack of experience at rapidly expanding carriers means someone's on the fast track to disaster so, heads up.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But like I said, there are those....