PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ Military Airspace Review
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2002, 23:51
Sqwark2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAAB Boy,

I personally feel that NZ did not warrant a ACF but don't agree that we just drop it like a disease infested 16 yo girl.

I would like to see a formal alliance with Australia where we would be jointly responsible for both our areas of responsibility, with Aust maintaining an effective ACF and NZ providing an effective air transport force.

Training can be jointly conducted. NZ could have kept the Macchi's and provided advanced flight training to both NZ/Aust aircrews. New pilots/Nav's could enlist with dreams of the fast jet and depending on requirements & abilities, be selected for either Ozzie fast jets or Ozzie/Kiwi multi-engine/chopper roles.

This way we could still provide an effective partnership/defense role to the pacific region and also continue to play an important role in UN ops.

A sort of ANZAC Defense Force.

What do others think?

Sorry for going off topic Kermie. But a review of military airspace would be warranted if the currnet situation continues.

I wonder how much the M310 (western side of Desert Road) is actually used for live firing etc that warrants a ceiling of FL150. Surely this area could disappear, very unlikely that the Army would target their shots across SH1!

Cheers. .S2K