PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet: No injuries when 737’s wing hits runway
Old 29th Dec 2005, 16:07
le soixante neuf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch your mouth Brucelee;

Repeating as fact things that you have heard in this business will damage your already sorry internet credibility. Your diaherra of the keyboard doesn't make you an expert on anything at all.
If you'd like to begin a name calling match, "Pompous Ass" comes to mind.

I will however agree with your equally pompous friend Tan and put this incident in the " There but for the grace of god, go I" column.
About 15 years ago, I personally flew two of your AMEs to YYG, where it had been 1200RVR for days.
The reason was to repair a broken nav light fairing on a DC-9. Remarkably, the nav light itself was undamaged. The pilots had struck the wingtip after completing a 1200 RVR approach. Were they Cowboys? I think not. Pompous asses, likely so. Does **** happen? It certainly does.

You guys have got Westjet culture all wrong. The culture is a way of doing business, not a way of flying airplanes. Our pilots, (in 06 our numbers will top 800) come from all corners of Canada and the globe, representing dozens of Airlines and Air Forces. It would be supremely arrogant of you to thing of us all as cowboys.
Supreme arrogance seems to be the hallmark of your own culture. Were you not the same pilots who demonstrated on Parliment Hill no less, when Max Ward bought his first 747, believing, truly in your hearts, that you were the only ones in the nation suitably qualified to operate such a machine?

Be careful gentlemen, you are not the only ones with lawyers on the flight deck. If your libelous statements are found to be damaging to our businesss, you are leaving yourself open to litigation.

Mr. Tan, in five years at WJ, I have not heard the term " blue cowboy" and would take exception if I did on two fronts. I do not fly like a cowboy, nor do I dress like one.
Having said that, lots of people in Alberta do dress like cowboys, because they are cowboys. Alberta, like all parts of Canada( or the world) is unique. Our task, as Westjetters, is to draw upon that uniqueness, wherever it may come from and make it a part of our strength.
You would be wise to do the same, instead of giving everyone a Soviet Navy hat.
Finally, could someone tell me what LCC means in front of the reference to 737-700 in Tan's second last post? I am unfamiliar with this acronym.