PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rhetorical question about Airline Hiring
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2005, 17:12
Slapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been the "victim" of the INRAT trap, I can tell you that Peter Shewring's courses are still available and still worth every penny...

I was oversea's for 4 years. I did my Medical with a Transport Canada approved Dr. and paid him the fee's to cover the Fed's requirement. I was typed on the Airbus in both Hong Kong on their license and on my Canadian ATPL.

I fell afoul of the reg's when I returned to Canada. My last sim oversea's was a type rating and not an instrument ride. By the time I had finished the ground training, sim, and line check with my new company, greater than a year had passed, and the authorities had concluded that my IFR had lapsed and I needed to re-write the INRAT...

Never mind that I was newly typed in the 737. That I had completed the IFR portion successfully and that I satisfied the requirements according to Transport Canada to operate the 737 in passenger service... An "i" wasn't dotted and a "t" not crossed... I had to write the INRAT...

That was a number of years ago, so hopefully the "Powers that be" have revised their thinking in this matter, but if anyone is considering returning home, I would do so after you have done an IFR renewal at your current place of employment...

Happy New Year to all...