PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2005, 08:29
Betelgeuse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax,

Not sure how you’d have even the faintest idea who I work for (unless woomeri give out isp locations), but I negotiate my T&Cs on a regular basis. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don’t. Not sure what your point is though. To me it simply illustrates the point that individually we have far less success in negotiating with an employer than collectively.

Interesting point about what a Federation negotiated settlement might have done to the airlines. What’s even more interesting is that having “won” the war, the FACT is that EVERY airline involved has since ceased to exist.

Glad to hear your name’s not on the list. (there were only a few hundred returnees anyway). Interesting that you feel the need to tell us though.

You’re right about my endorsement of the right to work for an individually negotiated contract. And I wholeheartedly agree with his right to save his money and use it to buy whatever he needs to get the best job he can. Seems to me that the people who most often complain about others paying for flying experience are those who either had it paid for by someone else (military) or managed to score a cadetship or other similarly assisted entry. And in those cases I believe it’s a form of snobbery akin to the yobbo who proclaims to every one that he’s never had to pay for a girl and never will!

I’m way beyond caring what the small Australian community of backstabbing, white-anting pilots does. I have no intention or faintest desire to ever work in Australia again, but it is a little sad to see what a bunch of weasels they’ve become (but my only real knowledge of the present generation of Aussie pilots is through PPRuNe - perhaps the contributors to PPRuNe are not indicative of the average Australian pilot).

I won’t presume to say I know where you work, but it’s a bit rich to tell us all

“and I wouldn't be prepared to be kicked around for any amount of money; my pride simply wouldn't take it.”

considering that you almost certainly work for a non-australian (most likely asian) carrier on an individual contract. As you suggested regarding the Japanese, these people just do whatever they wish, knowing your only recourse is to leave.

So, is your employer the elusive perfect employer? Never had anyone in any airline do something that really stuck in your throat? Did your pride force you to leave or did you calm down and think of the money?

Enjoy the triple….