PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Training & Employment prospects
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2005, 20:55
GoodGrief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Whirlygig:

Ten hours in a 206 are nice. How do you like it?
We have two ways of approaching this subject: What do the regs say or how is it done in the real world.

Regs:
In order to fly that 206 your instructor needs to be working in an FTO or TRTO AND you have to be in APPROVED type rating course! Meaning: That TRTO/FTO has to report to the CAA that they train you towards that rating. Then and only then are your hours legal. A single engine rating usually consists of 5 hours of flight.
Considering that you should have your rating already.
See LASORS Section F ( Type ratings ) or the equivalent FCL-2 Section.
How is it done:
You just hop in and fly along with that instrcutor when he is going on a job.
You are on the safe side finishing the rating then you can fly in the right seat with the instructor as your “safety”.

Back to the original:

It´s about professionalism. 600 hours of which about 200 (Frozen ATP) are own training probably in one type only leave you with 400 hours on 4 types, you’re not good in any of them.
I myself with 2000hours feel good with 3 to 4 ratings. Now be careful, it’s not the ratings only:
I worked for a company that had 3 different LongRangers, an L (C20R4), an L1 (C28) and an L3 (C30), the two first with Bendix Fuel System, the L3 with a Ceco. Talking about potential for killing an Engine. I was also flying his 407, now confuse the starting procedure of a 407 with that one of the 206 and you’re toast. So everytime you go fly you ask yourself what aircraft am I sitting in now…He has 3 completely different BO105, too….
Remember all those numbers!

Regards to Spunk on this occasion.

Ever had to explain why you’re looking for that special switch in that aircraft ?
“Yeah, I have 8 ratings, haven’t flown this machine in 5 months…. and I have 10 hours in it only anyway…

That is not being a Pro!

Now shoot me!