PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2005, 13:48
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with EF LGW except the hard working hours (loads of doubles and not many nightstops). It is a much smaller base and you may fly very often with the same (great) people
How are you floaty...long time no see.
What you say is almost correct. But not totally.
We can only do 2 doubles in 15 days and as many people move to EF LHR after a while, your seniority will go up and if you stick around you get your rewards.
I bid for our trips and I get (mostly) what I want now.
Of course I do my doubles like anybody else does but I get all the trips that suit my life-style.

We are a (relatively) small base and some days you fly with "friends" but there are days when you check-in and you think "am I in the wrong building??"

Money........yes LGW money isn't as good as LHR and we definitely work for it.

We have many more nightstops than there&backs during this winter's operation (numbers from Carmen) so if you bid correctly you can get as many as you like if that's what you're looking for.

What Willie is doing with this 6 months temporary contracts nobody knows. Bassa won't get involved - what's the point there are far more important issues to deal with - I just hope that BA won't go down the road of most charter airlines. I can smell disasters ahead!!!

In a nutshell: if you can risk, go to LHR. If you don't want to risk, go to LGW. You'll be able to join the transfer list straight away and possibly move to LHR within 2-3 years if that is what you're after.
Good luck!!!