PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rhetorical question about Airline Hiring
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2005, 16:55
slowstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhetorical question about Airline Hiring

You know generally I really abhor the immature comments of this site some times and I find myself at odds with this rhetorical question but her it goes.

I follow the job postings overseas on a regular basis and I can’t help but wonder what some of these people are smoking; just about every major operator other than in the USA is advertising for flight crews. I have to laugh when I see ad’s looking for F/O’s on A320, 330 or B737, 757 etc and they the usual T.Time and license requirements but then they go on to say we also require potential applicants to have a type rating and 500 or 1000 hrs PIC on type.

Let me get this straight you want someone who has a type rating and 500 hrs of PIC on type and you think that these people are out there and that if they actually have that experience that they will apply for your job posting? Are you people serious? What are you smoking? It’s no wonder there is such a demand for crews, I personally believe that it time for a few of these head hunters to click their heels and come back to planet earth.

Of coarse this is only my opinion and my observation, I also stated it’s a rhetorical question but does anyone else find this funny?

Merry Christmas and have a safe new year.

Slowstream