PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Pilot Licence (MCL)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 13:23
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
apruneuk ...

I would keep my lofty put downs of single pilot seneca ops to myself until I actually had learned how to fly either a Seneca or an airliner if I was you.

I trust you are aware that outside this strange little bubble called Europe, it is still all but impossible to get onto the one without having done several years in the other. Try and take your poetic little historical analysis to the recruiting personnel at United Airlines or Qantas and explain why they should really give you a job, and watch them hit the floor laughing before they explain that you can't in fact even submit a CV to them without several thousand hours of the kind of flying you've just so derided.

In fact I would argue that the only reason circumstances are different here, is the fact that due to geological and economic oddities of Europe there just isn't enough of a viable air force or G.A. industry to provide the airlines with all the pilots they need. Hence they've had to come up with other kinds of schemes (like the integrated course and now this new multi pilot licence thing) to make the travelling public feel comfy and cushion the newly qualified FO from reality for their first thousand hours or so, until they've actually learned their trade.