PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 23:45
GeeBeeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747 Downwind, yeah i think we are on the same wavelength...

From my experiance getting a first job was pretty easy, easier than i thought. I will not provide details as i think there are enuf posts here about where to go. I did my homework and picked my location, packed my bags and old life up. I worked a few bum jobs for a month or so whilest living in the b'packers. Then when the season started the operater started hireing, most of the guys that hung around during the season got hired, by mid season we were out of pilots and had to advertise as the rest of us ended pulling 90-100hrs/month.

This is the most depressing things....... Out of my class of 20 that graduated at my flying school only 2 left the roost for a job (and we both got work). The rest hung around and tried to get a easy gig in the airlines/RPT as their parents had very deep pockets, sinking more and more money into the training organisation. I have a beef with the training organisations selling them BS hopes and dreams of that there was a job just around the corner. Where are they now, still hanging around waiting for work to find them (maybe 1 got a git on a RPT). These guys are living at home, mum/dad payed for all there training and they would happily work from free/buy a TR and winge that they could not get work.... sooo sad

My advise to all .....
If you want a job you have to go to where the work is, you dont see many icecream saleman at the north pole.

Duff Shark