PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Boulmer closure to be reviewed
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 15:14
Brit55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyler,

fair point about the variety of assets you guys look after, I'm not in any way trying to put your branch down at all, it's relevance will only increase as the AD drivers go back into single seaters (a mistake IMHO).

I just find it VERY frustrating that I rarely get the chance to give feedback to the WC after a sortie. They often fail to grasp what we are setting out to achieve and it would be nice to be able to offer you guys in for a coffee post sortie and get some LI's out into our communities. I have an understanding of GCI that is not acceptable IMHO however, how do I get to improve it without debriefing?

Incidentely the E3 guys are generally much more approachable and seem to have more of an understanding about the importance of debriefing however, that is probably down to the fact that they deploy on a regular basis.

I'm just clutching at straws here however, should Boulmer close, what option could possibly be better than moving to an MOB?

Your comments about the F3 community are spot on, they have their own agenda and everybody else is expected to adhere to it, hence why we often kiss off affil sorties as the training value is often limited to say the least!