PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too old to [be paid to...] fly ??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 13:13
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to Flying Pencil: I seem to have CAA agreement that curtailment of privileges at age 60 will cease in 2006. The caveat is that nothing to do with CAA is as straightforward as it should be.........................

Which brings me to the ridiculous situation regarding Aerial Work in UK. I do it all the time; having an ownership interest in some helicopters helps but the other requirements need to be met with some artifice at times. My view is that the Authority dare not prosecute for illegal Public Transport as the current legislation is as watertight as I am fast becoming as I reach my dotage [ie age 60]. By contrast I worked in Eire recently completely legally with the superb help of IAA in issuing Aerial Work and Low Flying Permits on reciept of straightforward documents and a modest fee.

I intend to carry on doing exactly what I do now in terms of Aerial Work well into my sixties and will challenge the CAA in the european courts if my privileges in respect of all flying are curtailed after the adoption in UK of age discrimination legislation next year. Anyone caring to join the cause can contact me here.