PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 20:01
747 Downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flash8: I will not get involved in the morality of buying a TR, in fairness I have done it before, bit of light hearted humour that's all (it came out wrong). U seem like a nice enough guy. I personally feel that the best way is via FI and turbo-prop as well if you read the posts, I just felt after a number of years I would never get the chance.. NOTE: I chose SSTR over FIC because I felt I couldn't survive on the salary in London after shelling out seven or so grand, and the TP interview was offered too late. Believe it or not I wish I had gone down that route.. for the experience, I still look up at TP's as they climb out of London City and wonder what it would be like. If I could suggest this one thing.. I am not trying to advertise SSTR's I have warned many on the perils of this route, so why am I here? I have many friends just like everybody else who are unemployed and my aim is to help those people with the little experience that I have. Could I suggest that instead of exchanging opinions, of which I am guilty, you could use your experience and state airlines, methods of contact info. etc etc so that the wannabes on this site could benefit from it.. this forum has become too much about discussion.

Hazehoe: I am not experienced, that is the issue, I come on here give my time to help, I give people info via PM's.. real facts. I don't have to do it.. if I didn't give a sh1t then I would come back from work check my e-mails and go straight to the pub to meet the boyz. You are the experienced one.. so offer your advice (with facts.. not opinions) to this audience with relevant info to recruitment today.

This is Interview, Jobs and Sponsorships section, the initial question was about F/O SSTR in the Far East, if anybody has any info about this please post as I think lookoutbelow did initially. Otherwise I think this thread should be brought to an end because it is going round in circles.. I have come here to help and I have ended up getting into a petty 'internet' tiff with individuals when usually I deal with things face to face and sort it.. I feel bloody pathethic so now I will go and hide in a corner and reflect

Good luck with the job hunting guys