View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 16:41
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You call that crap humour?

Just a few pointers (as I'd give you 7 out of 10 for that):
Do they care what direction the wind comes from? They're sitting in a cabin, can hardly see outside, and what difference does it make once on the ground?
As for 'enjoying your flight', does anyone on a loco with their knees wedged around their ears and being charged £4.50 for a sarnie actually 'enjoy' the experience? I timidly wish them a 'pleasant' flight, but have no illusions it will make them ecstatic.

'Have a pleasant stay.....'. What has it to do with you? They may be going to bury their widowed Mum for all you know! Maybe they're manic depressive and don't actually want 'a pleasant stay'. It's like the American 'y'all have a nice day now!'. I want to say 'I am not having a nice day so far and I don't want one for the rest of the day- it's my business what sort of day I have thankyou! I'm perfectly happy having a not nice day. It's nothing to do with you!'

Likewise lots of people say 'welcome to Venice'. Why welcome? Is it the pilots home, or where he comes from?

One of the worst is saying a weak 'Thankyou' as a way of ending a PA. I was stopped from doing that years ago by a Captain who said 'they should be thanking YOU for going to the effort of giving all that information!'.

Oh yes, and you won't ''see me onboard again in the not too distant'. You won't see me this time and you won't see me next time either- you're locked in the cockpit remember? And as Flybe is going to start charging extra for checked baggage and each item of hand baggage, probably not at all again! 6/10 now!