PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are people leaving in droves ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 10:38
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
"You soft so-and-so" or "You big girl's blouse" would probably have been OK - but unnecessary. Whereas "You poof" obviously would quite obviously not have been.

Wearing gloves without permission? Dear me no - crucifixion for a first offence. Nail some sense into him!

Years ago in the Summer of '69 (cue Bryan Adams) I was in the queue for the bank at RAFC Cranwell in my horrid blue horsehair uniform as I had some tedious form to fill out. Also in the queue was another Flt Cdt, plus several officers and airmen. Joining the queue was Wg Cdr Cadets or some such luminary. He spotted that the other Flt Cdt was wearing dark glasses and bellowed "YOU - outside NOW!". He then proceded to chew him out for having the temerity to wear sun glasses in uniform. This was a real Niedermeyer 'Pledge Pin' performance. When mate was asked to explain himself, he merely replied "Sir, the SMO insisted that I should wear these glasses due to an eye infection". They then rejoined the queue. On arrival at the counter, the bank cashier looked up and said "I think the young man was before you, Wing Commander".

Good to see a hectoring, abusive bully put in his place!