PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 10:34
flash8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
747 Downwind:

Although I am in my (late) 30's, I am also 737 RHS, just like you, although unlike you I didn't pay for a TR, I slogged my way through FI and TP's (all great experience by the way for those of you not wishing to "dirty" your hands with such things). I don't give a sh*t about age. I do however give a sh*t about attitude.

Marketing courses (such as the integrated+TR+100) as "training schemes" which are little more than profit makers for the airlines wanting a supply of FO's that meet their criteria is **unprintable**. This is effectively something along the lines of a "pay yourself/we select you" Cadet Scheme. Lets get the facts into the open.

I fear the industry is heading this way, and soon we will see this as the norm, and along the way degrading what flying really is all about. I'm not an old fart reminiscing about the "good 'ol days" of FI/TP etc, but that experience and commitment really defined to me what flying was/is all about, hard work and perserverance=solid experience and character, not the current "buy-yourself-a-737-job" we are now seeing.

Last edited by flash8; 21st Dec 2005 at 11:20.