PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are people leaving in droves ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 08:17
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Well put, Roly.

I don't know how a loyal, hard-working and enthusiastic mate like your good self can put up with all those things you list.

When some sneak leaked a private e-mail of mine in which I mentioned in passing that civil FI requirements were externally regulated by the JAA rather than being internally set to suit a budget as they seemed to be in the military, it led to a hat-on Axminster shuffle. Which made pulling the black-and-yellow even more certain for yours truly.

Getting into the dwang for telling the truth, as one NCO aircrew chum described it.

Another black-and-yellow incentive at the time was that to transfer to the PA spine and benefit from the enhanced pension was not permitted for those who, like me, had under 5 years to go to NRD. When nothing came out in the 2003 pay announcement to compensate for this, there was clearly not even a significant financial incentive to stay. Knowing that my immediate pension was going to be around 95% of that which I would receive at NRD - and facing a shrinking fun bucket and ever-filling $hit bucket, there was no real choice.

Last edited by BEagle; 21st Dec 2005 at 08:36.