PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are people leaving in droves ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 21:39
LFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we expect a mini surge of 50+ yr olds on the PA spine to leave once we get past April?
I'm sure that a lot of aircrew on the PAS will have realised that they can retire after April and get an Early Departure Payment that exceeds what they were expecting to get as a full pension at age 55 under the old pension scheme.

But they will also realise that by staying until age 55 they will retire with a full pension of about £32k a year - which is about £7000 a year more than that had expected under the old pension scheme. So the school's out on what the overall impact will be. Personally, I think that people will be more likely to stay until age 55 - which would mean that there would be far fewer slots available for assimilation at age 38. It's interesting to note that Binnworth seem reluctant to assimilate anyone for service beyond their 38 point at the moment - perhaps that's part of the reason.
My poster recently told me to carefully consider my offer of assimilation as they are "Like Rocking Horse 5h1t".
PS. I understand that the pilot PVR rate is now running at 3 times the normal level.

Last edited by LFFC; 20th Dec 2005 at 22:33.