PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA unrestricting JAA Class 1 medical
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 17:19
alberto86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys,
some people suggested me not to go back to Gatiwck becasue it wouldn't have made things easier, so today I've sent the test result via DHL and I suppose I'll receive my full JAA class 1 in January or so..!

whitelabel, I had the test in the Aeromedicial centre we have in Bari, which is one of the three existing in Italy.
before I explain what the test consisted in I want you to know that you may not access that test if you come here.
and the reason is quite simple: all the Aeromecial centres in Italy never allow people to have singular tests but just the full medical, this means that if you want to have a simple anomaloscope test...an eye-sight test...a vestibular test...well, you only have to know someone among the doctors, and he/she will let you do what you need.
those who simply ask the booking office to make this or that test will be answered : "sorry, we only provide full medicals, not singular tests..your query is pretty strange !!"....
That's the way of managing some thing s,here.

Now i'll give you a description of the Anomaloscope test: the Nagel's Anomalocope looks like a microscope, you sit in front of a desk where the device is located and you look right into the lens.
you see a circle divided into 2 semi-circles.
The upper one will be colored in green ,and the lower one in red.
both the colors are adjustable through 2 small switches so that you can obtain a very light or dark green/red.
the aim of this test is to regulate the swithces in order to make the two semicircles alike or as much similar as possible.
The test will generate an equation that shows if there's any color blindness andof what intensity.
I think it is a very easy test though, it has nothing to do with the holmes-wright lantern which I assume it's not a very "democratic" test.

If you have any further question I'll be glad to help you!