PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade times in CX
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 16:41
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must be a young regional pilot that finds it difficult to step up and play with the big boys. Can't join them so the next best is to defame them is that it? Childish you are but try and keep up here.
If condescension is the yardstick by which safety is measured, then truly CX must be the safest place of all! My god, is that "big boys" thing for real? Too funny! It never ceases to amaze me how people can begin to believe their own bs after enough time!

I can say that Cathay has a very strict often described as anal enforcement of procedures in the cockpit which is something NA airlines do not have.
Uh. Ok. Dammit, and I have a Air Canada flight booked next week. Little did I know, they're just playing cards and having a party up front, whereas here I thought they adhered to some sort of strict cockpit procedures. It's probably a lost cause to hope that the author of this comment could realize how laughable it is.

I think CX is generally regarded as having an excellent safety culture. I also think there are PLENTY of examples of how CX is not above reproach in that regard either. But trying to somehow elevate the status of CX, their commanders, or what have you, only looks...what was the word? Childish?