PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 14:28
PicMas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a firm believer that the kids with too much money between their hands are ruining a former reputable business.

Being a pilot is no longer a job but an expensive hobby for rich kids.

I instructed 1600hrs, flew twin-piston charter, instructed some more - when I reached 2,500hrs the market was full of "kids with dreams" who didn't mind paying to fly as it was their "lifelong dream" (pretty ironic for these 20something aged kids)

I recently decided that the business has now become saturated with SSTR and paid linetraining schemes. As a consequence I have chosen a different career path - totally unrelated to aviation.

Still keep up with news on BB's like this one - Glad I got out, bitter about spending that much time and money and then seeing these idiots cheating in line, yes! you are cheating in line.

If you paid for your T/R I hope you are unemployed, I hope that your sh!tty contracts expires and that some chief pilot somewhere will choose a REAL pilot over you.

Maybe someday the business will return to an acceptable level where experience isn't bought with money.

Keeping my tickets current - but seriously doubt they will ever be used for anything more than a sunday trip around the flagpole, which will be a great opportunity to listen to the SSTR-pilots messing up the frequencies because they bought themselves into a position they just do not have experience to handle.

The argument that instruction is a waste of time is absolutely lame, and usually made by the retards that can't get there fast enough. I learned loads from instructing - a lot more than just stick and rudder.

Funnily you see these newbies complaining about terms and conditions in the business they so helped to undermine.

Thanks for letting me vent, just bitter - wouldn't you be?