PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Rumour
Thread: CAA Rumour
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 13:51
maxrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spetnaz
I sincereley hope that there is no intention of dropping plotting as a com/atp subject.
In the past few years I have noticed a marked decrease in basic navigational skills along with situational awarness in alot of newbie pilots coming through the system, most of who's most advanced navigational skills seem to be the depressing of the "direct go to" button on a Garmin 100.

During 4 years of contract flying I averaged about 2 inflight GPS failures per year, on all occasions we reverted to good old plotting skills to complete the day's flying.
Plotting as a subject will at least ensure that the chaps at the sharp end of the aerie will be able to find home in the event of GPS going on the blink.

B200drvr

I have also heard that NAC is pushing CAA to only allow certain institutions ( namely themselves) to do type rating / conversions / renewals onto Be19 aircraft, after all as the only company in the republic to own a simulator for this type of aircraft, they have an extremely vested financial interest in achieving this.

One simply cant have the "RRR's" of the world doing it faster and cheaper than them and screwing up this potentially lucrative Beech 1900 training market.
Only snag in this is that another Lanseria operator has a full motion BE20/be19 simulator on order which would probably throw a bit of a spanner in the worx for NAC's cunning plan.