PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 13:43
ACP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duff Shark and few others,

i would like to hear of cases where someone with 250TT who bought a TR and got a job after it.... no "i knew a guy", i want direct references..
Direct references: I am 26 and I had exactly 262 hours TT when I bought my EA32 type rating, then I flew til 300 hours on a C172 before joining the line training on the A320. I am now paid and I can refund my loan without stress...
At the same time, 2 friends of mine with 200 hrs TT were on the 737NG TR and are now flying for an airline based in the Uk.
My partner during the TR had 600 hrs TT mostly done on a C152 as an instructor, he is now flying in SE Asia on the A320

You have to wake up guys, flying a jet is not more difficult than a light twin. You have to realise that we are asked to monitor a computer and you DON'T need 5000 hrs experience for that. Airlines put these requirements otherwise they receive 1000 CVs per day. The fact is that some people can't afford to pay a TR so they can only give advise even if they are not in the reality of the market. It's sad but money is running the world not only in aviation. You have the choice to lose your time on the internet or jump in the real seat...the job won't come to you.
Hope it helps