PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Service Director Pay
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 17:12
plaa343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETOPS and beauport p-m

The company is a completely new start-up and not a rebrand of an existing airline.

i'm sure the management of GB or Bmed wouldn't need to resort to question asking on this kind of forum to establish the level of pay for CSD's.....
A valid comment - we invariably have access to industry figures with regard to flight crew remuneration, including the ever useful CAA annual figures. However, since (unusually) the Senior Management team of the company have a large amount of aviation experience they seem to value the opinions of the sort of people who do the job for real. Strange, I know. . . .

I was questioning in a new start-up airline why one would choose to have such a hierarchy when it is patently not required and not best industry practice.
I appreciate the comments of the hierachy of the planned CC system. There is a delicate balance to be struck between too many layers of authority clouding lines of responsibility and the requirement to offer genuine career progression within the company. In practical terms the only CC types that will exist are Crew, Pursers and PSMs. The seperation of CC into Jnr and Snr is soley financial to allow experience to be reflected in the pay spine.

The only UK operator of the A340 is VS, so where are the crews coming from?
VS are certainly the only operator of the larger A340-600, but there are charter operators using A343s and the occasional A342 from the UK. However, to answer your real question, the crews will come from the open market and ab-initio sources. A programme is being developed to provide a training package for crews of different aircraft types. The primary target crews will be ex 747-400, 777 and of course Airbus family aircraft. A seperate "ab-initio" package will also be contracted.

Outside of corporate confidentiality I am prepared to answer any questions that you may have in order to gain a grass-roots opinion of our planned ops.

Again, Thanks.