PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 11:19
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hazehoe, I think you should go back and read through the process by which we selected people for that scheme, and the terms under which it was offered - and the results that our wannabes achieved. OK, it's not perfect, but it was a bloody sight better than was being offered by anyone alse at a time when jobs were very thin on the ground. We are not in a position to give away free training, and we never will be, but we got 10 (I think) wannabe pilots into employment with no money upfront and with a reinvestment into the Pprune fund that is right now being used to help other wannabes achieve their dreams. You want to knock us, go ahead - but check your facts first.

Also, your post reinforces the impression I get that wannabes are increasingly feeling that they should be offered a 737 seat directly from their CPL training. I have no idea why people feel that they now have a right to such a seat, but it would appear that they do. They are wrong. Money can sometimes buy advancement in just about any field, to some degree. It's true that buying a TR and line training may accelerate your advancement to that 737 seat, but why is that the all-consuming goal? What is wrong with the slower route via TPs etc? There will always be a few 'lucky' ones who can either afford to do the quick and expensive route, or who get selected via OAT and others for BA, but the majority will have to look to the far more fulfilling longer route to that jet seat. That's as it always was; this is not a new phenomenon.

Upper Medium Have a look at yer man A320rider's profile, and his posting history. He is not a professional pilot and, with his attitude, it's quite likely he never will be! He is an inveterate whinger who feels that the world owes him a living - and he paid for a rating, I believe.

Scroggs