PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO's paying to fly?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 10:24
hazehoe
5K Fund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
Bond/Astraeus is not one of them; several Pprune Wannabes have benefitted from their expertise through the Pprune/Astraeus assisted training scheme. We do not associate ourselves with disreputable organisations!

Why is this any different than any of the other outfits,you pay for the TR,you pay for line training and than hope that you have a job.

I understand that you can not change the way poeple are trying to force there way in by going these routes or change the market place. I do believe that by associating your self with the above scheme more and more wannebees will believe that this is the way to go.
I did go the "old" route ,banner towing,flight instruction in single and multi engine airplanes,gargo twins and fly for a regional in the UK now,the statement from other ppruners that this is impossible today is just not true,i now of several poeple that are doing just that at this moment. The clear message to wannebees should be;do not pay for anything after the FATPL. I recently visited a school in the UK where a friend is instructing because he refuses to pay his way in,there were several students working on the ATPL writtens who were the proud owners of a PPL the discussion during the coffee brake was about which TR to buy after they finished there training (737/A320) and how much it would cost to get a couple of hunderd hours on these types.
The only thing i read here is how hard everybody tried, the facts are that a good chunk of them go straight to a TRTO with a bunch of money and pay whatever it takes to get in.
The best thing we can do is to dicourage these individuals by telling them NOT to do this( yes i know,they will anyway),but i will give it a try every time i have a change.

I will go with you and sit in front of Ryanair's door

Cheers