PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pax anounce
Thread: pax anounce
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2005, 18:53
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very funny guys, but he's asking seriously for some help, and all you can do is buffoon him!

Does anybody have it written down to help him with or do I have to go and rummage for it myself?

Erik, a search on Pprune didn't yield anything, so here are a few general hints.

Always think what passengers want to hear, and when. They don't need to hear time change or weather at destination before start. Keep it friendly and simple, no humour or jokes, no words like 'ETA, CRJ, THUNDERSTORM, KNOTS- nothing that most won't understand or strike fear into them.

So, make a welcome aboard, airline- Canadair Regional Jet. Introduce pilots and maybe Cabin Crew. Are you ontime or will you be slightly delayed? Route (briefly!). I wish you a pleasant and comfortable flight!

In cruise, don't go crazy with numbers- speed/altitude etc. Just say how high, any time change, when you will be arriving (NO 'ETA' please! Say it in full). What the weather will be like.

Before arrival, how long to go. Any interesting sights. Seat belts going on shortly (so they can visit the rest room).

After landing- thank you for flying with XX airlines- I hope you had a pleasant flight!

ALWAYS WRITE DOWN NOTES ON WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY. Get a smooth 'flow'. Ask the other pilot to tell you if you have said what he would want to hear if he was a passenger.
DO NOT SAY 'ER' or pause trying to think what to say next- have your notes ready so you say it like a newsreader going from one thing to another naturally. Don't speak too quietly. Slow and natural voice, friendly. Do not lie.

Last edited by Rainboe; 18th Dec 2005 at 19:09.