PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Scampton closing before it opens?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2005, 09:33
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operational Assessment (checking that IBM and its partners have delivered the goods) during week ending 20 Jan 06.

Haven't seen the final version of the document, but I guess it will include testing of the Surveillance and Control capabilities in live and SIM, ADLBS integration and Dual-Site Sim capability.

From a weapons perspective, I am sure it will include control of a number of live sorties from about 18 Jan 06. We expect to go operational from 23 Jan 06, with the 'Official Opening' (including saluting and vols-au-vont) a few days later.

For most of the time CRC Scampton will operate in support of Boulmer, but about once a week it is expected to take the lead. For those of you phoning for GCI (I guess that includes Friedlander?) keep using the Boulmer FA who will let you know which of the two units you will be working (like Neat used to do for Buchan).

I believe HQ 3 Gp are putting out a letter/signal to all interested parties timed to be on the desks immediately after the Xmas break.

As for callsigns, I am sure that GB knows full well that the reason for ABACUS was because the CRC and T-CRC are both at Boulmer, even though they are physically separated - HQ 3 Gp accepted the best way to avoid confusion was to have a separate callsign, and I guess 'the CRC in the room formerly known as the SFC Briefing Room at Boulmer' was a bit too much of a mouthful! Unless we are told otherwise, the callsign for CRC Scampton will be ...... 'Scampton', though personally I would quite like it to be 'BlackDog'!

Squawks will be NOTAM'd at the beginning of Jan and included in the following AIRAC cycle.

SMA = 'CRC SCAMPTON'

STH

Edited to add:

Oh and IIRC, for those of you calling Boulmer CRC Ops Room from RAFTN dialling 9210408XXX you should just need to change the 40 to a 50, so that 9210508XXX should get you to the same positions at Scampton CRC Ops Room.

Last edited by SirToppamHat; 24th Dec 2005 at 20:24.