PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 20:19
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree that Luton has spent a fraction of the amount that the BAA did, in order to replicate a cheap, low cost terminal, but then again the blame lies with TBI/LBC and not ACDL.

As for the road infrastructure, the M1 widening south of Luton starts in January. For anyone reading this thread who is planning to use the M1 to access the airport, check the Highways Agency web site and allow extra time to travel. I am sure that the agency will have excellent measures in place to ensure 3 lane availability both ways, but you only have to look at the delays west abeam of Heathrow on the M25 (now completed) to see how the 40 mph speed limit caused at times, long queues entering the road works.

In reality, there are so many smashes between Luton and the M25 (north and southbound), that a possible 40 mph limit might prevent the majority of these and actually keep this section of the M1 free flowing?

I guess it is Gatwick or Stansted?

Blue 1, which just announced it would add 3 MD90s to its fleet in 2006, also announced an expansion of its network with 11 new destinations. The airline will fly from Helsinki to Athens, Barcelona, Dublin, Düsseldorf, London, Madrid, Nice, Paris, Rome, Warsaw and Zurich.

powerjet1 was correct!

Bmi will not inaugurate service the planned service from Edinburgh to Munich next Spring as announced. The airline was unable to obtain the morning slots it was looking for.

Last edited by Buster the Bear; 17th Dec 2005 at 21:50.