PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MSc Air Transport Management, Cranfield
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 10:05
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abdel

Thanks for sharing the experience of the open day! And looks like u asked some good questions.

Come to think of it, they seem to be a little harsh about the experience part if you are not a degree holder. Dont remember them being so stringent during my time. One reason is that the course is quite exhaustive (although nowhere near that of the management school MBA) and I guess they want to ensure people cope up with the load.

The non EU fee a couple of years back was 15000 Pounds(now you know why I am not gung ho about it being value for money outside EU). In fact it works something like paying 5 times the EU rate to come home to work at 1/5 th the EU pay , esp if u don't have an anutomatic right to work in EU(which is a position most students from Asia are in)!

Well the first advice I got from the Students Union when I steeped into Cranfield was "either get a car or make friends with someone who has one!" I opted for the latter course and for the rest, the No 17 which runs once every three hours between MK and Univ did the job! Yo can always take "Flying Off Course" to kill the time at the bus stop!

Pity abt the library! If u ask me that is one of the highlights! Your course fee covers literally unlimited access to anything and everything in way of online databases (not to speak of a years subscription of ATI thrown in!).

150 applications for 30 places...this is more or less the standard! I remember going there with illusions like you of how I managed to make it to the top 30 from among a couple of thousand applications (as I thought then ) only to be told the figure was something like 120!!!!

University keeping in touch with Alumini. That is very true. In fact was quite surprised to get an invite from the alumini office inviting me to come down for meeting the chaps who are coming to India for the first time to promote the univ. "Will you help your alma matter" was the question ? and the answer from my side was YES. Affter all despite the financial mess I am in thanks to taking the ATM course, the fact remains that regarding the quality of education I got there in Cranfield overall, I dont have much to complain about, esp the facilities provided for the money paid! And for EU guys like you - it is a steal!!!!!