PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS UK ATCO Pay offer: What do you think?
Old 16th Dec 2005, 14:03
White Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobblehat

'Don't confuse people that this vote is about loyalty to ATSA's ...'

Why should asking fellow workers for support be 'confusing'? Except to you, maybe?

My point is that Prospect has made our position exceedingly difficult by adopting this tactic. The long and short of it is that, in the event of a 'yes' vote, people I neither know, see, nor work with, will ultimately influence the future for the ATSAs at Heathrow and other stations. In exchange for a pittance, you, and many like you (who will not even be involved in Aerodrome SAMOS) are being asked to agree in principle to take over some of our tasks, thereby opening the door for Management to reduce the ATSA workforce - are you honestly telling us all on here that this is fair and above board? So presumably, if it were to happen to you, then you're OK with it, too? Yeah, right..

You should be adult enough to see and understand our predicament. To come on here and tell all you might as well just take the 2%, and thus consign a number of ATSAs to a very uncertain future, and then have the gall to say that I am 'confusing the issue' when looking for support ... well, what the hell did you expect me to say in response to that crass line of thought?

You would do well to take time out to ask yourself if you REALLY would like to be facing the same situation as we are at this moment?

No, I didn't think so