PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 13:11
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The politics of failure.....episode 42.

is that they are not listening to what is being said
Come on Dim Repa, tell the truth. What you really mean is that people are not listening to you, isn’t that right? In case all these eager young pilots missed what sort of person you really are, here it is again. The truth as to what Dim Repa and those like him really think of your struggles to create a career for yourselves.
i personally have no sympathy for you guys who buy your rating.you line up like a bunch of morons and part with your money,in turn screwing up the market.you do a chit chat with some knob from hr and then struggle through a 737 200 sim check.then most importantly sign the cheque.you come in with 200 hours and believe that you have earned the right to sit in the right seat.you cannot expect the respect of your peers and let the company ride roughshod all over you.you are no more than slaves and that is how you shall be treated
Warms the cockles of the heart, doesn’t it. He who on the one hand advocates union membership, the ultimate statement of fraternal solidarity, and on the other, berates, humiliates and demeans anyone else having the effrontery to take responsibility for themselves and get on with it. Unbelievable! Why don’t you tell all the nice people about your personal struggle to become an airline pilot, Dim Repa? Tell everyone how hard it was for you to gravitate to the right hand seat on a Boeing 737–800 that you currently occupy, raking in as you do, nearly £4000 after tax every month? I’m sure all these keen young things would like to know why it is, exactly, that they should continue to flip burgers in a truly heroic display of solidarity, so that you and your ilk can benefit from being held in somehow higher esteem by your employer? Share it with an eager world, would you?

To those of you struggling with temporary inconvenience at the beginning of your careers, I commend you wholeheartedly. Although I am a Ryanair Captain now and have been for years, the beginning of my career was anything but easy. There are no accidental airline pilots. The one prevailing truth you should bear in mind as you wade through page after page of the terminally aggrieved ninnies who bitch and moan here on Pprune, is this. The thing that separates success from failure is determination, patience and constant effort. Make no mistake, you have achieved an inspirational beginning to your careers, and no matter where our magnificent enterprise takes you, you can have few finer starts to it than in a brand new, EFIS Boeing, amassing hours at a rate of 900 per year. Measured against that, is having a little extra patience while our training department increases its capacity so much to ask for? Performance, my young friends, is a reflection of attitude.