PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exit levels?
Thread: Exit levels?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 13:06
southside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that may be the case at CU but here in the Lynx fleet morale is high, we are all looking forward to Christmas leave. Some of oud bretheren are away defending democracy. But, generally life in the Lynx fleet is fine. There are a few guys going outside but most of them at their natural break points. Can't remember the last PVR ...? Oh yes I can, we had 1 this year and thats in a fleet of over 100 aircrew.
Morale wise, life in the Lynx fleet is fine. Lots of hard work, lots of sea time and lots of being pi$$ed about with changes of programme and changes of ships etc etc But I can honestly say that when I joined my first ship in 1976 it was exactly the same. Nothing has changed as far as the tempo of work. It was hard then and its hard now.

Socially life is good. This week we have had a great Xmas draw ( I won bugger all again), we had the (now infamous) Lynx Lunch (fantastic fun - especially the fight) and the Senior Rates bottle draw was something which will remain in my memory for many years.

Next term we have lots of flying to look forward to, Ex Loyal Mariner, Gulf deployments, Lemon peel etc etc. We have a fab social in Feb lined up when we celebrate a 25,000 Hours land mark. The Lynx celebrates 30 years in Naval service next year and so there are plans to make for those celebrations. As for the aircraft - its old, doesn't meet the Op requirement and its servicability is beginning to suffer BUT its still the fastest and most fun RW aircraft to fly. There are about 6/7 different types of the aircraft flying around and so when you climb into one your never quite sure which configuration it will be but that adds to the fun. As for the flying, that remains fun. We have had our new weapon for over a couple fof years now and it remains the most awesome of guns. Tractor spotting is becomming a firm fave and I say that as the lead spotter.

So, overall, I'm not quite sure of why morale is low at CU but here in Somerset and in general throughout the lynx fleet morale is high and life is ok thank you very much.