PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS UK ATCO Pay offer: What do you think?
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:07
ukatco_535

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep,

I am a qualified met observer from my days flying from ships in the military, hence why I knew the acronym, but wanted to be sure we were on the same wavelength.

As an area bod, it does not affect me (it's an airport thing), so that is maybe why I did not know that it was to be added to ATCOs (even if it has since been removed)

I do not think the unions would or should allow such divisive things like this to be entertained, even tho we have separate negotions.

That said, please don't take this the wrong way as I have many friends that are ATSAs at both area and airports, but being able to make a forecast using SAMOS is not a great bargaining chip for ATSAs.

I agree it is one part of your job, but you should be making more of the fact that you are an integral part of the system, and a vital safety aspect.

if on top of normal duties and nothing else, an extra pair of eyes is always needed; heck, if a cleaner told me I was about to have an airmiss, I would thank them - some ATCOs have a superiority complex tho, unfortunately.

Hope this reads ok as I am rushing out the door!!