PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestJet
Thread: WestJet
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 14:14
Slapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show me HOW WJ is pioneering this system.
You must not have read my post on the previous page... I'll post just one paragraph here:

The newly-approved procedures provide WestJet with the highest level of navigational precision currently available. To date, no other airline has been given operational approval to fly RNP 0.10 procedures. The approval caps a year-long process of design, flight testing, and review by WestJet, Naverus and the Canadian regulator. "This is an exciting milestone for WestJet, and means great things for our guests," said Tim Morgan, WestJet Senior Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer. "Naverus is unlocking the advanced navigational systems in our 737-NG fleet with their expertise, and Transport Canada has responded with the right combination of scrutiny, knowledge and willingness to make advances that benefit Canada."
If no other Airline has been given operational approval to fly to .1 Nm would that not make us a pioneer? Are we not using the approaches no other airline is attempting at our Airports? Are we not acquiring data for Transport to formulate policy for the rest of the industry?