PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA bunfight?
Thread: AOPA bunfight?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 09:45
Tachycardia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris

Oh the hypocrisey (sic) of it all............
True ! AOPA that criticised other aviation bodies for "taking" money from CASA has now secretly received funding from their stated enemy. They haven't told their members, wonder why that is ? How much did AOPA receive from CASA Kris ?

Chimbu

Even worse, the AOPA membership is not 4,000 but far less. Note that the actual number is never quoted now, that too is on the "classified" list. I remember reading that 20,000 had left (12,000 had joined ) AOPA over the decade since Patroni, the net result with low retention is around now around 3,500. Hardly something to crow about.

Tachy

Since my (above) posting a good Samaritan has drawn my attention to the \"President\'s Report\" in the Dec 2005 AOPA Magazine.

This big-notes the mangificent achievement of \"the first AOPA road show for a number of years\". And whats more it is \"free to all members\". Samaritan tells me that CASA\'s funding is to pay for the President\'s airfares and the cost of the seminars. Is this correct Kris ?

If it is correct, why was this crucial point absent from the President\'s article ? Is this just another example of the porkies being told to members thru a litany of decption by omission ?

Tachy