PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - had to post this...
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 01:44
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will there come a time that a caucasian can call racism.

I dont mind if someone goes to live in my country. I do mind when someone gets the passport, lives in the country and then tries to change it.

A colleague of mine was in LGW at the crew hotel. He went for breakfast at the exec lounge. Some gentlemen of a different origin were in front of him. He went into the lounge after them and sat down by himself. The lady came to take his tea or coffee order. She then disappeared. He was the only caucasian in there. 30 mins went past and nothing had materialised. The group of gentlemen over the way were getting everything. He called the lady over to complain. He then had a thought. He told her she was being racist. He explained he had been sitting there for 30 mins and that the group had been served. In fact they had bent over backwards to serve the gentlemen of ethnic persuasion. Smart move. !!! The manger then got involved and my colleague explained the situation. The hotel now could not do enough for him. He got the champagne, the free fruit bowl etc.

The moral is, you go and live in someone elses country as we do here. Then abide and respect that countries rules. In England whether this is an urban myth or not. The latest "event" that I heard was an englishman being told by the police to move his christmas tree away from the window as there had been complaints that it was offensive to people of ethnic persuasion.

Chrismas lights for the tree are not allowed to be called that anymore. It has to be festive lights. There is talk of christmas being called the festive season, so as not to offend others. Last time I looked England was a christian country. We live in Dubai and abide by the laws here. Ironically so do the Indians and Paks. Why do they then behave differently in the UK, Canada etc.

The Ozzies had the best idea when some fundamentalists wanted to introduce Shariah law into Australia. The answer was
that there is only one law in Australia and that is Australian law.

Sounds about right to me.

Last edited by Uplink; 13th Dec 2005 at 04:05.