Thread: EDI Radar
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2005, 09:11
callyoushortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headset starter

See your PM's

rolaaand and 10W

I'm not slinging too much into the bunfight, just wanted to pick up a couple of points.

The Involve to Improve meeting was 3 weeks ago, and was a forum to put forward gripes (if you will) in manner to help things progress and change, however, things seemed to be mostly one way and the arguments behind some of the decisions didn't seem to be too strong either, so as it is we seem to be at a "no-change" junction which doesn't help ill-feeling.

Differences between watches WILL occur, and yes, I agree you learn to trust voices, which I guess is why the standing agreement NEEDS change. We think we have a perfectly good 10 year old agreement which is hardly ever used, so either there's something wrong with it or people are happy to disregard it for some other unknown reason.

Complaints don't usually come up because by the time you've finished a sequence which didn't start in the best way you just want to hit the rest room and forget it. (I always feel petty grassing up to the watch manager when it was something that got my goat but wasn't necessarily dangerous, MY OPINION THOUGH) Course you have a bit of a whinge to whoever is sitting there too, but we all realise that poeple are human and make mistakes. This brings me back to my original point, if you made the TMA based on a strong standing agreement, then there's no "interpretation" of it to come in, and as 10W proved in an earlier post there's lots of mis/interpretation going on at the moment. Firm it up, make it the same for everybody NO EXCEPTIONS then I'd imagine that it would become an easier and more productive place to work on both sides of the screen with little room for argument and sniping.