PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regarding BA layoffs
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2001, 21:35
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely right Tandem. I've been saying this for some time now.

If you look at LGW there are no CSDs. Even when we operated the 757 from LGW we didn't have a CSD. In my opinion there is no need for a CSD on any of our shorthaul aircraft. I could be persuaded they are needed on LH to (supposedly) co-oridnate the 3 ghettos on the aircraft, but deifinitely not on the SH fleets. The Pursers og LGW do a better job than the CSDs I've experienced and they're getting paid a shed load less = BIG savings for the company. I reckon they should be offered LH positions if (a)they are available and (b)the CSD is senior eneough and if neither of these apply then tell them it's Purser or bust......and for the desenters; yes you can do that according to employment law.

While we're at it what about the other management strata; MCSeseses? I thought the CSDs got their pay rise because overnight they became more 'managerial'. I can't say I noticed a difference, but the main point is that they are allegedly now performing the same role as an MSC (and getting paid handsomely for it) so why do we still employ the 'sit around in 1st and pretend to write reports brigade'.

Unfortunately nobody listens to the rants of people like me so all the yes people will continue to surround themselves in more of the same, so they can take the fall when the time comes and suddenly we've got 20000 too many people who did little/nothing towards the airline.....but what's this; are you saying that's already happened. Surely not

Later,

Pontius