PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink
Thread: Qantaslink
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2005, 02:35
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capn Bloggs,

I understand what you say, but as you correctly state, graduates pay for their degrees these days; not the total cost I admit, but significantly more than they did some years ago.

I believe a law degree is up there with medicine at about 50,000 pa, and over four or five years, that is more than a pilot pays for his training. ,Arts is the lowest cost, and it goes up from there.

Don't forget that many graduates will never earn what a 747 Capt earns, or even a 737 Capt for that matter, even one flying for VB.

A first year solicitor is paid well under 30,000 pa. A GP at a dawn to dusk clinic is on about 80,000, no more, and they cover their own professional negligence insurance which is close to 10. Those figures come from my cousin who is a GP.

The only GP's making money these days are the ones who own the clinics and employ others, but then they become businessmen.

Capt Fathom, the time frame my friend mentioned was in the 'near future' or as the Americans would say, 'any time soon'.
Don't you just hate the way yanks make words.

I'll say it again, Even if QF had as its conditions a pilot must pay for his initial training and then work for nix for a year, they wouldn't run short of applicants

And as I said earlier, you don't have to like it, but it's happening.