PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - per sh base
Thread: per sh base
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 14:43
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easternboy,

The feeling is good. In fact a lot of people in PER probably haven't even heard that 32 people from regionals are coming over, it's not something that has ever come up in conversation and a lot of people probably aren't bothered with it. What is the opinion and feeling amongst the 32 people coming over?

The Perth base is a lot bigger base since it first opened, there are A LOT more people, including a lot of PER long haulers that have transferred over and more to come in Feb/March, 32 casuals were made full time in July, so 27 people moved from over east to take the positions in PER, more casuals and more on their way. The flying is also very different compared to the other bases. The PER base is a great base to work out of, personally i like the flying i do and the people are great aswell. Everyone will be welcomed with open arms. I don't think there is a huge issue with the seniority thing as there was when career progression guys first came to the PER base. At that time the PER base was a lot smaller and the flying was different, so the impact of the career progression guys slotting in was quite obvious, now in PER S/H there are people that have been flying for various amounts of time, some that have been flying less than the regional guys coming over, some the same and some that have been flying a lot longer, so i think it will all be fairly scattered.

Either way, the people coming over will like flying out of PER (even though it's not home) and will make some good friends. As long as they keep an open mind and make an effort to enjoy it.

Oz