PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WX Briefing and Flight Plan/Sartime submission
Old 26th Aug 2001, 07:21
pedalezy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to ad insult to injury, I received in the mail the other day notice that the use of controlled airspace will attract a further airservices charge which equates to approx. 30 cents per tonne per 100 nautical miles to help recoup the cost of supplying the weather briefing to airservices. Ah to have the old system back where everybody paid and thus the costs where carried as a whole..The user pay pundits will of course disagree with this, but as an aircraft owner, I would prefer the old system.. If I wanted to use or not to use the system it was up to me (and for that matter, everybody else). Controlled airspace, weather forecasts, telephone systems, roads, parks etc., where paid up public utilities, and as such the maintenience, upgrading and continuation of these assets should remain in the public domain..not to be used for political advantage because of the lack of calibre of the politician we are forced to vote for and subsidise the costs of poor government in this country.