PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair vs Easyjet
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2005, 15:36
Radar Identified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair vs Easyjet

Afternoon,

Here is my question, With Ryanair and easyjet with total orders of around 300 new aircraft over the next X amount of years do you think that there will eventually be no route or airline in europe that wont be affected. These airlines are opening routes all over Europe and new bases are being talked about everyday.

If you wanted to start an Airline in europe is it even possible, Not that I would wish that on anyone. If either of the above mentioned were expensive then you could try and undercut them-not the case. If either were flying clapped out old aircraft then maybe you could beat them with a nice new shiny one- also not the case.

So will there be a case in the future that there will be two low costs fighting it out for every viable european-european route just trying to keep all those shiny new aircraft flying. Can anyone put a stop to these airlines dominating the market! Anybody who tries will just be undercut as these airlines are that big that they will take a loss on a route(absurdly low prices) just to get you off it!

Just interested in other peoples opinions with regard to this as I think this kind of domination would not be healthy.

Just to add a side note to this-If it did come down to the two of them for complete domination of the market who would win or would they just steer clear of each other.

Last edited by Radar Identified; 7th Dec 2005 at 15:54.