PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "heroes" of Ansett 1989-2002.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2002, 15:15
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

So I guess we won't be seeing ANY of the unemployed Ansett pilots of 2001 taking G.A. jobs - even though they haven't resigned?

Certainly I wouldn't have condoned the actions of any of the 1989 pilots, if they aggressively took jobs away from incumbents, however if positions were advertised as vacant, then they had every right to apply. On the other hand the Federation published full page notices in ALL Australian aviation media, and Flight magazine - which is distributed worldwide - advising that there was an Industrial dispute in Oz between the 4 domestic airlines and the Federation (representing the pilots), with a recruitment ban enacted, contrary to any job vacancies advertised by Ansett, East-West, Australian Airlines, and IPEC.

Had G.A. pilots, who are also represented by the AFAP, requested a directive be issued to stop the dispute pilots taking jobs away from them - or had this in fact been the case - then it would have been respected. . .Funny how I didn't hear about any of these G.A. jobs being forcefully taken, in 1989, until well after the dispute was over!