PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "heroes" of Ansett 1989-2002.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2002, 06:21
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kap M,if its debate you want then I'm more than prepared to offer my 2 cents worth.. .Unlike now in 1989 I had no family so I never said that I went back for my family.. .I've always said the dispute taught me one thing "look after yourself" because at the end of the day no one else will,most importantly my colleagues of '89 who left me and others in their wake to trot off over seas to great jobs that us juniors had no chance of ever getting (yes,I did apply overseas),then to see the fat cat senior guys gloating how much super they received and then they were still going to get a a great job overseas.I should have applied to overseas positions at the start,but of course I was told by the AFAP "Don't worry son we'll be back soon", what a garden path those guys led me down,"overseas Pilots coming down here?.Crap"was the response by the union heirachy.. .It was lost after the first three months,but you were probably on your 747 ground school with SQ by then.I've said this before but not one senior pilot gave a toss about my or anyone elses predicament,even after 6 months you and people like you would have prefered me to give away my whole career and drive a cab for the rest of my life.. .I've also lost many good friends.Friends who are now doing very well for themselves in overseas Airlines.Life for a lot of these guys is just fine,life for a lot of AN people like me is not and I know you and your buddies revel in that thought.. ."Look after youself because no one else will" is what I'll tell people I fly with If they ask about the dispute,because thats what people like you Kaptain M taught me.. .Despite all this I do agree with some of your comments about people(senior Pilots)who made promises at the time and not only didn't keep them,but knew at the time they were lying.Just like people on your side Kaptain M.

"Always look after youself.because no one else will".

[ 03 February 2002: Message edited by: Thumbs up ]</p>