PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue - What's it really like?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2002, 06:48
lefthandsrighthand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonecollector, I really take exception to the comment that most VB LHS drivers are ex'89ers that are unable to gain employment elsewhere. My husband was employed elsewhere after 89 and took the chance after being out of Australia for 12 years to come home to his family. He loves his job at VB and is an excellent operator as told to me personally by his F.O's and cabin crew. Am I bias, probably. The other LHS drivers that I do know personally working for VB are true gentlemen also. . .The other fact I do know is that my husband comes home happy with his job and the company and is enjoying his flying, and as he comes off his brand new aircraft he is smiling as are the rest of the crew. Heads are held high and there doesn't seem to be the grumbles that he has experienced in other airlines. Of course there are things that could be improved as with all companies but they are minor and will be as time goes on I'm sure. . .Don't know where you are from or what your experience is but seems there is just a little bit of the old green eyed monster there. Hope your day improved from the time you posted your reply.