PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue - What's it really like?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2002, 23:42
Vertigobabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi LAVDUMPER,

I have a mate working for VB and he tells me the vibe is very positive within the camp. There is very fast promotion in the company e.g. Alot of FO's get their command after six months.. .I think they get around nine layovers a month and work between sixty to eighty hours.. .My friend said unlike Ansett and Qantas all the flight planning is manual which takes up alot more of their time and he also said that it is quite disorganised within the company procedures.. .He said his training was fairly relaxed (only had 40 hours on the 737 before being checked to line! He had a few sectors cancelled which the company did not replace). .He had to pax up in row 23 and pay for his food as well....so don't expect special treatment...you are just fodder for the flying PR machine.. .It $25,000 for the 73 endorsement with VB which is payed back at a later stage (don't ask me how). .and then you have to fly yourself to seattle for the NG endorsement usually about a month after your check.. .I have never heard a VB pilot complaining!