PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Follow the Greens" - Is that difficult ?
Old 5th Dec 2005, 17:57
Lord Toofouright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Follow the Greens" - Is that difficult ?

Now I know after touchdown, there's a multitude of tasks to perform in the cockpit. Flaps up, speed-breaks dis-armed, turn the little wheel that steers the thing, look at the taxy map, watch out for many confusing airfield signs, thank pax for flying with you and hope to see them again, and also talk to those chaps on the radio yet again. But just how difficult is it to follow the little green lights? "Very" is the answer judging by the number of aircraft that leave a lit taxyway for the safety of the "Darkness"!!!
I just don't understand why a crew taxying along on a green lit taxyway think it's wise or neccessary to leave it and proceed onto one that has no lights on it all, and in some cases very distinctly has a red stop-bar on it about fifty metres ahead!! WHY?
It takes a lot of effort to switch off the other greens, to leave just a lit route, but sometimes it appears I'm wasting my time.
Aircraft white taxylights are good, but our green centreline lights are BETTER, or am I missing something blindingly obvious.

Looking forward to the slatings that this may attract!?

Last edited by Lord Toofouright; 6th Dec 2005 at 06:46.